Aavaas Community
December 19, 2014, 02:06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Get updates via SMS for the latest news from aavaas. Check http://aavaas.com for details!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal height of the kitchen platform  (Read 31083 times)
Nima

« on: March 24, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »

What should be the ideal height of the kitchen platform.  Venetta cucine has a standard of 36" and it is too high for a person who is 5ft.  Sometimes we have to stand on our toes.....................
Vivek Sivaram
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »

@ maits

I read that the 36" platform are mainly meant for women who have height of atleast 5 feet 5".

I would recommend that you carefully consider the optimum height as many things are connected to this parameter.

For your kitchen I wouldnt recommend (36-5) inches. Perhaps 32" would be ideal. try to have a wooden board placed at this height and check with your wife if she is comfortable with this prior to execution of work.

you may want to check this link :

http://www.burnyourbonus.info/alt.home.repair/thread2284.html

"It is people who turn houses into homes!"
sunita

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »

@ Maits
am in the business - exporting, selling , planning kitchens.
it is very easy to check the ideal height required for the work counter - request your wife to stand upright, bend right arm at elbow 90° angle, now measure from the floor to the elbow, deduct appr. 15cm. That is the ideal height - ergonomic - for the working platform. Add 6cm for sink area and deduct 6cm for cooking area - hob. That way you can judge the ideal height. Surprising, a shame too that veneto cucina offers only one standard height! Need any further info or help - just tag me!
Sunita
Nima

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »

Thank you very much for this information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: