Aavaas is going into an interactive mode now with the launch of "forums". We want to give you a small introduction, so that you can easily use the features here on the forum and improve your home.
- The forum is viewable to all. However to post or comment, you need to do a one time registration. You can register yourself quickly following this link:http://aavaas.com/forums/people/?PostBackAction=ApplyForm
- Forums have many categories and you can see them on the "categories" tab on the top of the page.
- All discussions (from various categories) are visible on the "discussions" tab. This is also the default tab on the forum.
- A Search feature is also available for looking up information in the "search" tab.
- If you have registered and your account has been approved, you can log on with your username and password using the "sign in" link visible on the top right corner on the page.
- Once you have logged on, you can see an additional tab - "account". Here you can do the following actions:
a) Upload a picture for the account icon. This picture would be visible in all the discussion threads which you participate in.
b) Upload a picture for the account. This picture is visible on the "account home page".
Note : Please upload the pictures one after the other. You can choose the same picture for both the types.
- You can also change your Personal information like First name, Last name, and email address. Please use a valid email address as this is used to recover the password in case your forget it.
- You can change your password by typing in the old password and new password - twice.
- You can tweak the forum preference based on your comfort level.
- You can choose Notification options.
How to start a thread?
- Click the "start a new discussion" link which is available in red color with a pencil icon below the title "aavaas forums".
- Choose the appropriate category from the drop down list.
- Enter a topic for the discussion like " Where can I buy xyz in Mumbai? "
- Enter your comments into the box and press "start the discussions".
How to reply to threads?
- On the discussions tab, click on any thread where you would like to comment/reply.
- You will see add your comments below the thread discussions. Enter your thoughts and click "add your commments".
It is really simple, so go ahead and discuss to your heart's content.