Panasonic KX-TG1032S Cordless Phone
We first spoke about this phone briefly here. Today we give you the details about the model. The phone was purchased in the US and hence has the obvious disadvantage that it operates at 110V only. So we use a small 220V-110V converter for the unit. The cost of the unit was approximately $70 in the US. This would work out to around 3000 rupees in Indian money. A handset with similar features would cost much more in India for sure.
The unit has two base units. One is the master unit which is shown on the left in the picture below. The other one is only for charging and can be kept on the first floor or so. The two units can be used as intercom also.
Image Courtesy : panasonic.com
- Expandable Digital Cordless DECT 6.0 Phone System with Extended Talk Time
- Reduced Interference
- Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC)
- All-Digital Answering System and 2 Handsets
From the website:
Long Range, Excellent Clarity and Greater Security
Our latest DECT 6.0 (Digital Enhanced Cordless Communications) technology lets you move freely around your home with long range and amazingly clear sound. It also assures greater protection against eavesdropping for all your calls. Operating in the 1.9GHz frequency range, your phone will not conflict with other wireless devices such as computer routers, wireless keyboards, microwave ovens and other common household devices.
Up to 6 Handsets with Just One Phone Jack
You can put handsets all over your house — in your kids’ rooms or even in the garage — without all the messy wiring or complicated setup. With our DECT 6.0 expandable phone systems, you don’t need a phone jack for each additional handset — just one for the base unit. So start expanding and forget about all your wiring worries.
All-Digital Answering System
This phone system is equipped with an all-digital answering system for quick, easy retrieval of crystal-clear messages. Message operation has never been easier, with up to 16 minutes of recording time, plus such features as a pre-recorded outgoing message, remote operation, Tollsaver, and skip-and-repeat. And don’t worry about losing your messages when the power goes out — they’re stored in flash memory so they’re unaffected by power failure or interruptions.
Put the Phone Down While You Talk
Having a handset speakerphone may not seem like such a big deal — until you have to call an automated phone system. By the time you press “2” and return the phone to your ear, you missed half the next option! And when they put you on hold for 10 minutes, do you really need to hold the phone? Not with a handset speakerphone. Just listen along and press a button or pick up when it’s convenient. You’ll think up other great uses, like letting Grandma and Grandpa listen to their new grandchild at the same time, painting your nails as you talk to your best friend, or just being able to set the phone down while you talk.
See Who’s Calling, Even If You’re Already on the Phone
We’ve all become accustomed to Caller ID and its ability to let us see who’s calling before we answer the phone. But what happens when you’re already on the phone and another call comes in on Call Waiting? Until now, you wouldn’t know who was beeping in unless you answered it. With Call Waiting Caller ID (1), you get the best of both worlds. So now when you get a beep, you can see who’s calling before you answer…but we’ll leave that decision up to you!
(this does not work in India. Atleast not in Chennai.)
- Up to 17 Hours of Talk Time
- Comfortable, Easy-to-Use, Large-Button Handset
- DECT 6.0 Technology Means Less Interference
- Spanish LCDE and Voice Prompt (not important India)
- Expandable up to 6 Handsets (2)
- Up to 3-Way Conference Capability
- Wireless Network Friendly
- Phonebook Sharing
- Light-Up Indicator with Ringer/Message Alert
- Built-In Clock with Alarm on Handset
- Backlit LCD on Handset
- Digital Speakerphone on Handset
- Call Waiting Caller ID
- 50-Station Phonebook and Dialer
- 16-Minute All-Digital Answering System
- Headset Jack and Belt Clip Included
- Wall-Mountable Base Unit
- 2 Handsets, 1 Base and 1 Charger Included
(1) Requires subscription to name-and-number Caller ID, call waiting and/or voice mail services offered by certain local telephone companies for a fee.
(2) Requires optional accessory handset sold separately.
More from my site
Short URL: http://aavaas.com/?p=1002