Renovation – Is it time?
Williams first spoke about Renovation on 23rd August. Some may think that renovation is relevant only for older houses while others believe that constant change in home interiors is a matter of routine. The question is, “Is it the time for you to renovate your home” ?
A typical home (and its components) have a five to seven year life span after which they don’t look so good anymore. Some components can fail even before this, especially the electronic items. We would say that if you are exchanging your old TV for a new slim version, it can be classified as renovation. After all, you would want to perhaps even relook at the TV placement in the room when you do this. The complete focal point of your living room could change as a result!
The more common form of renovation one sees is applying distemper or paint on the walls. Some people also polish their floors and paint the door and window panes. More complex forms of renovation involve changes to bathroom accessories, electrical fittings & wiring, wardrobe & kitchen racks, more rooms, more floors etc.
Typically, renovation is done for the following purposes:
- To mend the various issues that persist at one’s home
- To give the home a face lift so that it feels fresh
- To increase the value of the home prior to a sale or rental
- To keep up with the modern trends and technology
We recommend that you get the following done when you go in for renovation of your home:
- A clear list of changes you want made and the reason for the renovation
- Budget a maximum amount for renovation. This is to ensure that you don’t end up spending more than what you can probably afford.
- Expert manpower to execute the renovation, in case it is a labour intensive renovation. Good quality contractors must be identified either through friends or through industry circles. We recommend that you go by word of mouth referrals than anything else.
- If it’s a purchase or an exchange offering, make sure that you have done your research well on the options that are available in the market.
More from my site
Short URL: http://aavaas.com/?p=252